Monday, July 31, 2017

American Patriotic



Gather 'round my precious Tigerlilies! It's time for another tut!
Today I am using the amazing Lysisange's tube American Patriotic. You can get this tube at Scraps&Company and you need a license for it. 

I am also using a kit called American Patriotic from LilMz'sBrainstorms. This kit is jam packed with fun elements and cute papers. You will love this great kit!

If you have a patriotic mask, you might want to use it. 

I also used a font called Spangled which I got for free at urbanfonts. 

This tut does used some extra PTU filters. If you do not have the filters, feel free to substitute with ones you have. If you want to use elements that I am not using, feel free too. Take the kit and make it your own. There are tons of great things to play with! 

I made the tut in PSP9 and any resemblance to other tuts out there is coincidental. 

Set up your mask layers. I used a red, white and blue gradient. I wanted to make my background as bright and busy as I could, so the gradient die that for me. 
Apply the mask.
Before I merged my layers I went down to the bottom one and applied Xero's filter Fritillary. 
You may need to play with the settings until it gets how you like it.
Merge layers.

Paste your tube as a new layer and add your drop shadow.

Using Element 1, add noise and paste as a new layer and add drop shadow.
Then duplicate the layer, mirror it and flip it and arrange it so you have stars all over. 

Element 6 copy/paste as new layer and drop shadow.

Element 13 - add noise, paste as new layer and erase any stems that may be showing. 

Element 15 - paste a new layer and apply Flaming Pear Lacquer.

Element 23 - add noise, paste as new layer.

Element 81 - resize to 30% and paste as new layer. 

Element 14 - resize to 30% and paste as new layer.

Element 100 - resize to 20% and paste as new layer. Duplicate the layer and mirror.

Element 98 - resize depending on your tube's position. Apply Flaming Pear's Lacquer. Sharpen 

Add your credits. 

Now the lettering may get a bit fussy, but you can play with it and find what works easiest for you. I used red and blue for the filling in part. I filled in all the letters. 

I applied Eye Candy 5 Glass and made my glass clear. 

Then I went to Eye Candy 4 and applied Gradient Glow using white. Then I chose Select None for the text.
I re-did Gradient Glow except I changed the color to red.
Then I did it again with blue. 

You can use all kinds of different effects and colors. Play around. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment