Monday, July 31, 2017

Flower Beach



Gather 'round my precious Tigerlilies, I have a new tut for you! 
I am using a tube by Alex Prihodko, which you can find at PicsForDesign. You will need a license to use this tube. 

The kit is so exciting! It is Flower Beach by LilMzsBrainstorms! You are going to have so much fun with this kit! 
You can use a mask of your choice. 
The font is Beyond the Mountains and I found it at urbanfonts.com

I created this tut June 24, 2017. Any resemblance to existing tuts is coincidental. 

OK, let's begin.

Now, keep in mind that this is what I did. Feel free to add or subtract and do other things to make the tut your own. If you want to use a different tube, go ahead. Enjoy yourself and do what makes you happy!

Open paper 1 and resize to 75%
Add a raster layer and flood fill with white.
Apply mask.

Resize the tube (mine was 40% but if you use a different tube, you may have a different resize) and paste as new layer.

The elements you use and the sizes and mirroring will depend on your tube and preferences. I chose mermaid-y elements, but if your tube is different, you may opt for some of the other elements that are jam-packed in this great kit!

Element 68 resize 55% mirror drop shadow copy/paste as new layer.
Element 3 resize 12%
Element 2 resize 17%

Element 35 
Mirror and resize to 40%
Now, we are going to do a different thing with the drop shadow. Choose a color other than black or white. I chose aqua. Check the box that says put shadow on a separate layer. 
Then merge the layers together and do another drop shadow but un-check the separate layer box and choose a light color. I chose white. It makes the clouds look a bit fluffier without darkening the sun. 

Element 29 resize 15%
Elements 43 and 44 resize to 15%
Element 45 resize to 45 and mirror
Element 99 resize to 15%
Element 94 leave as is but you may need to use the eraser tool and erase a bit of the rope. 
Element 75 resize to 23%
Element 74 resize to 15%
Element 73 resize to 11%
Element 6 resize to 17%

Element 7 - duplicate
Use the crop tool and crop one side of one  and crop the opposite of the duplicate. Resize each side to 12%

Element 86 resize to 17%
Element 9 mirror resize to 17%
Element 60 resize to 17%

You will want to play around with all these layers and place them where you think they look cool. When you have everything where you like it, merge and flatten, adjust sharpen, and add your credits. 

If you want it un-animated, you are finished and can add your name.

Here is what I did for the animation:

Use your freehand selection tool to put marching ants around what you wish to make sparkle. When you are finished make two copies. You can go to Window and select Duplicate twice.

On your first frame, choose Adjust, add noise and set up your noise how you like. Because my tube is so busy, I began with a lower number. I started at 50. I also chose Gausian and monchrome. When the noise was added I chose Select None. Then I went back to Adjust and chose Sharpen. 
I chose Copy and then took it over to Animation Shop and chose Paste as New Animation.

For the second one, I put the noise at 55 and followed the same procedure. When I got to Animation Shop, I chose Paste After Current Frame.

For the third one, I put the noise at 60 and followed the same procedure. 
Now, bear in mind that whatever you did in Frame 1 such as sharpening it, you have to do to all the frames or it will look off. 
Now view your animation. Mine looked like it was going too fast. I Chose Select All and then went to Frame Properties. In the little box there was the number 10. I changed that 10 to a 15. It slowed my image down enough. Be careful when you are adjusting time. A little adjusting goes a long way.  

Now for your lettering, back in Paint Shop Pro, set up your font. I used Beyond the Mountains.
I chose a color from my tube.
I used Flaming Pear's Lacquer on the normal setting, but I repeated it so the filter was applied twice. 
I used Eye Candy 5's Gradient Glow on the Baby Rainbow setting. I put the width down to 9. 
Then I added a drop shadow. 

Copy, carry over to Animation Shop and Paste As New Animation. Duplicate twice. 
Select all/copy
Then click on your image you are pasting your text into. Select all and then choose Paste Into Selection. You can move it around and set it where you like it. 

Then View Animation and save. 

I hope you had a good time doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment