Monday, July 31, 2017

Fruity Sweet




Gather 'round, my precious Tigerlilies, I have a super dee duper cool tut for you! I am so excited about this one! You are going to love it! 

I wrote this on July 26, 2017. Any resemblance to existing tuts is coincidental. 

I used Jasc PSP9.
Materials such as fonts are entirely optional and you can swap out if you have something you like better. 
Feel free to substitute kit elements too. This kit is so exciting and it is just totally packed with all the best goodies! 
I am using a couple of weird filters, so if you don't have them, go ahead and substitute. 

Here's what I used:
Verymany Tube (You will need a license to use her work) Watermelon 2
RD Mask set 128 Mask 3
Alien Skin Snap Art Comics filter
Eye Candy 4000 Glass filter
Flaming Pear Lacquer filter
Ruge Boogie Font from Urban Fonts
The amazing kit from LilMzsBrainstorms Fruity Sweet

Open a canvas 600 X 600. I like to make mine really big so I can see what I'm doing. If your forum requires a different size, you can always scale accordingly. 

Floodfill with paper 4 and add a white raster layer.
Go to your paper layer and apply the Comics filter. I used Assorted, Industrial. 

Apply your mask and merge all.

Open Element 101 and resize it to 50%.
Apply the Flaming Pear Lacquer filter. You may need to mess with it a little bit until you get the effect you like. I use this filter a lot because there are so many things you can do with it. 

Get your tube set up and resized and Paste as a New Layer.

On all my layers I was using a dropshadow of 3 horizontal and 1 vertical. Feel free to use the settings you like. 

You may have to play with your layers to get them how you like. That is cool. 

Element 14 - resize to 50% and apply Eye Candy 4000 Glass filter.

Element 52 - resize 50%

Element 61 - resize 45% and use Glass.

Element 59 - resize 45% and use Lacquer.

Element 53 - resize to 45%

Element 17 - resize 45%

Element 31 - resize 35%

Element 54 - resize 30%

Element 3 - 50%

Merge all and Sharpen. Add your credits. I like to use Verdana for my credits because it is an easy to read font. 

For the name, I used a font called Ruge Boogie. I did a pink layer and a green layer to look a bit watermelony. I selected colors from my tube so it would match. Then I applied the Lacquer filter. 

You may have to play around with things a bit to work out what goes where. 

This was a total blast to write, and I hope you have fun working with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment