Thursday, November 23, 2017

Tigerlily's Christmas Tuts - Naughty or Nice

Snow is in the air, my precious Tigerlilies, and what better way to spend the Holidays than with PSP? Yay!

I have a fun fun tut for you today!

I created this tut on November 23, 2017. Any resemblance to any existing tuts is a coincidence. I used PSP9 and Animation Shop 3.

Here's what you need:

A mask of your choosing. I used one from Melissa with a lot of snowflakes.
Three distinctively different fonts
A tube. I am using a great one from Zlata_M You need a license to use her work. I got mine from Pics for Design.    www.picsfordesign.com
The scrap kit Naughty or Nice by Pink Paradox www.pinkparadoxproduction.com 
Filters Flaming Pear Lacquer
Eye Candy Corona

Open a canvas of 650 X 650

Open Paper 3 from the kit. Fill.
Then open a new layer and floodfill with white. 
Apply your mask.
Go to your bottom layer and apply the lacquer filter. Now, if you don't have Flaming Pear's filter series, that is OK, because the Inner Bevel filter that came with your PSP can do the same effect. You may want to play with it until you get an effect that you like. I also changed my colors from black to red and I got a sort of grayish foil effect around my trees. 

Merge All

Paste your tube as a new layer and move around how you like. My tube is pretty straight up and down. If your tube is lying down or kneeling, your elements and text will be placed differently than mine are. Heck, if you don't like the ones I used, you don't have to use them. Do what you like. I love Pink Paradox's kits because they are jam-packed with great elements and papers. There are so many choices! 

Frame #6 Resize 40% and free rotate left 25. Drop Shadow.
I love drop shadow and I do it for nearly everything. I also use different settings all the time, so if you have your favorite settings, go ahead and use those because mine can sometimes be weird. 

14 - resize 25% drop shadow.
I also assume you know to paste as new layer so I don't need to say it.

47 and 48 resize 25% drop shadow arrange

2 resize 25 and drop shadow. Now I needed to mirror it and put it on the other side. You may want to keep it on the other side and mirror other elements.

52 resize 25% drop shadow 

53 resize 30 drop shadow

9 resize 50% drop shadow

91 resize 50% drop shadow

90 resize 50% and paste under the frame. Now, do not drop shadow this because you want it to look sort of kaleidoscope-ish. Use your eraser tool and erase the parts that are showing outside of the star frame. Then add noise at 57 so it sort of looks like when you look into a kaleidoscope. 

Now, for your word art, use your different fonts to make the words Naughty or Nice and arrange them on your tag. I did mine on a free space near the bottom, so if I wanted to put anything extra in the kaleidoscope part, I had that option too. 

Then add your credits.

If you don't want to animate, merge your layers, go to adjust, sharpen and you are finished. 

If you wish to animate, here's what you do. Merge all your layers.
We are going to glitter the jewelry. Of course your tube may have something different to glitter.
Then, using your freehand selection tool, draw around the areas you wish to glitter.
When you have all the areas you want chosen, go to window and choose duplicate and make two copies. 
On your first image, go to Adjust, add noise, leave it at 57, hit OK, then Select None. Then Adjust, Sharpen. 
Go to Edit, Copy, and carry over to Animation Shop. Go to Edit and Paste As New Animation.

Minimize that first one in PSP. 
On the second one that still has marching ants, go to Adjust, Add Noise, change the number to 62, OK, Select None, Adjust, Sharpen, Copy, Paste After Selected Frame.

Minimize Second one.
Final one - Adjust, Add Noise, change the number to 67, OK, Select None, Select None, Adjust, Sharpen, Copy, Paste After Selected Frame.

And there ya go! I hope you had fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment