Friday, August 11, 2017

Cressida




Cressida

Gather 'round, my precious Tigerlilies! I have such a fun tut for you!
I wrote this tut on August 10, 2017. Any resemblance to existing tuts is purely coincidental. 
I used Jasc PSP9.

I am using the beautiful work of Ishika Chowdhury. Her tube Cressida can be purchased at www.scrapsncompany.com and you will need a license to use her work.
The Kit is Cressida by LilMzsBrainstorms. This kit is so exciting! Plenty of fun things in here for all your needs. 
I am using the font Drawing Nature from www.dafont.com
My mask is from MB & SW, but feel free to use your own mask if you wish.

Whenever I use a tube or kit element I always duplicate so that I am working with a copy and not an original.

Open paper 6 and resize it to 75%.
Add a New Raster Layer, but this time we're going to floodfill black. I know a lot of tuts call for white, but black is going to be an interesting variation.
Before you merge the layers after you apply the mask, go to Flaming Pear's Lacquer if you have it or to Inner Bevel and play with the effects until you have something you love. I liked my Lacquer effects with my mask because it reminded me of Northern Lights. 

For these elements, you may need to adjust size and placement depending on which tube you use. Or if you like other ones better, defo go for it and make the tag your own.
I always do a drop shadow on my items. Feel free to do a drop shadow to your liking.
Because the background is so dark, I chose a gray color to make the drop shadow stand out a bit more. You may want to use Adjust/Sharpen often.

Element 40 - resize 50%
Element 39 - resize 50%
Element 37 - resize 50%
I used Snap Art Watercolor, but you can apply a Gausian Blur in the Adjust pull down menu to achieve the same thing if you don't have Snap Art. 
Element 55 - 50%
Element 71 - do not resize
             Adjust/Add Noise/Gausian 70
             Adjust/Sharpen More   
Element 38 - resize 40%
Element 18 - resize 40%
Element 88 - resize 35%
Element 78 - resize 50%
Element 59 - resize 30%
             add noise 50
Element 67 - resize 30%
             Add noise 70
             Sharpen More
Element 72 - resize 20%
             Snap Art Watercolor
Element 87 - do not resize
             Erase as necessary to not obscure other layers.
             Add Noise 26
Element 77 - resize 30%
             I added another layer and used mirror and free rotate to place around the moth element. You may want to play around and see if having a couple of butterflies is nice for you too.

Add your credits at this point in time. 

For the name, I used black and applied my text - Drawing Nature is my font.
Then I did Selections?Modify?Expand?3
Then I added a New Raster Layer and Floodfilled with a cp;pr from the tube. 
I applied Lacquer to the bottom layer.
Then I chose Merge Visible, added a drop shadow and used Sharpen More. 
I pasted as New Selection and then moved my name around to fit into the tag.
I selected none and then I was done! 

I hope you had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment